Friday, September 16, 2011

Struttin'

I am told that I came from a place called The Animal Welfare Society in W. Kennebunk, ME.  I don't remember much about my time there, only what I'm told.  My mama works there and my papa spends lots of time there helping the other animals that are waiting for a new family.  They have a special fund called the Sadie Fund and they use money from that fund to help animals that come to the shelter needing special medical attention.  Every year they have a BIG doggie party at the beach to raise money for this special fund.  Last year I went with my foster mom, Auntie Jocelyn because my mama and papa were on vay-k-shun.  This year my mama was working at the event but my papa dressed up special, because it was 9/11, and took me with him to the event.  I think we were a super duper patriotic couple.
I kind of thought we would be voted "Best Patriotic Couple" but someone else won instead.  That's okay, they looked pretty good, too.  My goal was to be the "Face of the Strut" next year and my picture would be on all the flyers and I would be FAMOUS, but I wasn't quite proactive enough and didn't get a good up-close photo taken.  That is something we will work on next year.

Until next time...Sir Titan of Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment