Friday, August 2, 2013

Troy's Story

This is the story of Troy, the foster pup.  He's part dog, part zebra.

Just because he has a bum leg doesn't mean he gets to sit in the garden!
Troy came to stay with us the beginning of May.  He was trans-fur-duh from In-d-Anna with his sister to the Animal Welfare Society in West Kennebunk, Maine where my mama and papa vol-un-tear.  His sister got a-dop-ted but it was discovered that Troy had an old break to his leg that needed to be repaired.  That's why he got that awesome zebra splint and got to come to my house.

He stayed two weeks before the vet Doc-tur opened his leg and put special pins in it to fix his bone.  Now, I've had a lot of bones and none of them had pins in them so I'm not sure what that whole pin thing is all about but I'm told it will help his leg be strong, just like the other one.  He got special "feel good" medicine and came back the next day.  He's a tough little bugger!
Ouch! That's gonna leave a scar.
Troy came home with very special instructions about playing...NO playing, running, jumping, tugging...NO nothing for eight weeks.  Being a dog, I'm not that good with math but my mama says that 8 weeks is the same as 2 months.  All I know is that he can't do anything except stay in his crate or walk outside on a leash to go to the bathroom for way too long.  
Such a sad face ;o(
Made himself a nice cave in which to hide ;o)
When he first started staying upstairs with us in his crate, I didn't like it very much.  I was afraid of the crate, even though my mama and papa told me it wasn't for me.  It wasn't even big enough for me.  I spent several nights sitting in the other room all by myself, which was boring.  Finally, I moved onto my mat next to the couch, then onto my bed in the living room.  Finally, after several days, I felt comfortable enough to lay on the footstool at my papa's feet and nap while Troy slept in his crate.

Papa let Troy loose in the backyard occasionally so he could feel the grass under his feet,
"What?"
NOOOOO running!!!
under his belly

and even his back.

"aaahhhhhhhh"
My mama even got a picture of my Auntie Wendy visiting with him.
kisses for you
Did someone say smile?
My mama felt bad for him during the really hot, humid weather and made a special trip to the  store to buy him a bright pink pool.  We learned that he LOVES the water.  Apparently he is not aware that a dog can melt if wet, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I've never seen such a large water bowl.
Yes, I look good in pink!
This is cool ;o)
We also learned that he enjoys digging in the wet dirt. 
Mud?  What mud?
Oh, that mud!
Then one day, Troy's house arrest was over and we got to play!



Troy has been available for adoption for three weeks now and no one has come to the shelter to take him home.  He gets to go to a-dop-shun events and my mama and papa take him out and about so people can see what a great dog he is.  Do you know someone looking for a nearly perfect dog?  Here's some good info you can share with them...

He's about one year old and weighs only 35 pounds.
He's crate trained and virtually housebroken if kept to a consistent schedule.
He loves the water and playing fetch.
He's really good at chewing sticks and bones.
He's going through obedience classes and already knows "sit", "down", "stay" and he's working on "come".
He really likes BACON (but then, who doesn't?)
He likes riding in the car.
He doesn't mind having a bath or getting his nails trimmed.
He's good with other dogs.
He loves kids.
He likes the cat but he's not overly interested in her.
He snores very softly.
His "bum" leg is all healed and shouldn't need any other medical treatment.
My mama and papa would keep him if they didn't travel to Floor-i-duh in the winter.

You can check out his profile and a-dop-shun information here.  
I'm comfortable here but I'm really looking forward to having a family of my very own ;o)

Until next time...Sir Titan of Nottingham CGC TT

 



No comments:

Post a Comment