Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sassy Has Left the Building

Today the Grouchy Old Lady my sister, Sassy, traveled over the Rainbow Bridge.  


She was very old, like nearly ancient and was here when I arrived three years ago.  She ruled the roost, or at least she thought she did.  I liked to chase her and smell her butt, which was not approved by my mama and papa and I regularly got yelled at scolded for doing so.  However, she only hissed at me a few times and she hardly ever swatted me, which was pointless because she had been declawed.

That means there is no longer a reason for me to sit at the bottom of the stairs and stare at the little door in the big door that she could scamper through when I got really annoying or she just wanted some alone "leave me alone" time.

There is no point in sitting on the other side of the kittie  kiddie gate thinking she will come and play, which she never did. 
Sassy and the annoying "Gate of Protection"
She wasn't much for playing, unless it was with a mouse or chipmunk.  I blame that on the fact that she was already old and tired when I got here and she misunderstood my intentions.

There is no chance I will be able to sneak into her special room and steal her food or find any delicious litter covered cat poo to snack on. 

I will not be able to follow her into the bathroom and look wistfully at her lording over me from the open window.
Go away Dog, can't you see I am meditating and your staring is disturbing me
Lastly, I won't need to stand at the fence and yodel at her because she is strolling through the yard, ignoring me as though she doesn't hear me.

I'm going to miss having her around but I will probably get myself into a lot less trouble.

Rest in Peace, Sweet Sassy.  Thank you for sharing your people with me.  

Until next time...Sir Titan of Nottingham CGC TT

 





No comments:

Post a Comment