Saturday, May 5, 2012

Testing, Testing

I have been studying all my life (2 years, 8 months or thereabouts) for the test I took today.  It was a pop quiz and not because I went with my papa.  I didn't even know I was going to take a test so I wasn't nervous.  

My papa took me for an American Temperament Test at Finish Forward Dogs in Saco.  The ATTS is a national not-for-profit organization for the promotion of uniform temperament evaluation of purebred and spayed-neutered mixed-breed dogs.  You can read all about it here if you want details. 

It all started a couple of days ago when my Auntie Jocelyn sent my papa a message that there was gonna be some testing and she thought I should go.  So lickety split like a jack rabbit, my papa called and signed me up.  Today was the big day.  He took me for a loooooong walk, while my mama was at work, loaded me in the car and off we I went to be tested.  We didn't take my mama (she's kind of neurotic, anxious, overly motherly if you know what I mean) so my papa suggested she stay away and leave us "men" to git er done.  It wasn't part of the test but I didn't get too terribly excited around all the other dogs.  The best part was there weren't any other dogs on the course during my test and the test didn't involve meeting other dogs.  There were ten different objectives and "DRUM ROLL PLEASE"...I passed with flying colors!!!  The nice man in charge of the test said I was a "good, solid dog". 

THREE.CHEERS.FOR.ME!!!

I won't get my score or certificate for several weeks but I'm including a picture of my handsome self for your viewing pleasure now and when my ATTS "bling" arrives, I'll post another picture.
Take my good side, please

Paw-to-graphed photos are available upon request ;o)

Until next time...Sir Titan of Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment